Simon is a Registered Exercise Professional who draws on over 16 years of international sporting and coaching experience.
He has had previous employment as a Royal Marines Commando, Military Physical Training Instructor, Personal Trainer, Physical Education Teacher. He has studied health science at Auckland University of Technology and is currently finishing his Masters Degree in Exercise Science. This puts Simon in a unique position to share his experience of high performance sport in a holistic and personable way to a diverse range of athletes from all backgrounds and abilities.
Simon's area of expertise are:
- Periodisation (race preparation)
His holistic approach to developing personal goal specific training programmes are produced from both a sports science base and his knowledge of mentorship under the guidance of professional coaching systems of world renowned coaches Dr John Hellemans and Jack Ralston.
- Registered Exercise Professional -R0125799
- British Athletics' Coach
- 4 x Elite World Championships ('98 Germany, '99 USA, '01 Italy, '10 NZ)
- Current First Aid @ Work (November 2015)
- Full Sports Insurance- Professional Indemnity and Public Liability
- Level 5 Anatomy and Physiology
- Certificate in Education
- Qualified Nutritionist
- Level 1 Safeguarding
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor
- Running Fitness Consultant: Auckland primary and secondary schools
- Multiple National and regional titles in Athletics, Cross Country, Road Racing, Cycling and Duathlon
- 3rd Elite Male International Triathlon Union Oceania Duathlon Championships
- Fastest Run Time and lead after 3 stages World Multisport Championships
- New Zealand Junior Sportsman of the Year (multisport) 1999
Winner of the 'Dagger Trophy'- Royal Marines Commando 2006